With an active interest in communications and current affairs, your role is the bedrock on projects and accounts are run. You will support your account management teams in delivering all of the administrative, reporting, copywriting and research requirements for projects and campaigns for a portfolio of clients.
You will be an enthusiastic team player with excellent organisation skills, a positive, can-do attitude and are capable and confident in prioritising tasks and delivering clean, accurate and timely work for presentation to clients.
- Consultancy environment and practices: learning on the job and building knowledge
- An active interest in current and political affairs
- Business to business PR techniques (useful but not a requirement).
- Strong interpersonal skills; articulate; motivated; enthusiastic; enquiring mind; tenacious; attention to detail; team player
- Consultancy skills: an aptitude for handling clients; understanding how to make a positive contribution to the day-to-day account management of clients, projects and campaigns
- Communications: basic understanding of channels and tools and how they fit into a communications plan
- Writing skills: ability to draft copy (with attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling) and follow guidelines on Plain English, tone of voice
What can you expect?
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest people in infrastructure communications. You’ll have access to their industry-leading professional development and benefits package. Here and some of the perks:
- Performance bonuses (company and individual)
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays (increasing on level of service)
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Team and individual training
- £500 personal development fund
- Fitness and social funds