Highways England has launched its further consultation on the A27 Arundel Bypass scheme proposals.
The scheme is part of the Government’s £15 billion 2015-2020 Road Investment Strategy to upgrade and improve England’s strategic road network, ensuring it will support the nation’s future growth and development.
The main scheme objectives for the A27 Arundel Bypass scheme are to:
- Improve the safety of travellers along the A27 and consequently the wider local road network
- Ensure that customers and communities are fully considered throughout the design and delivery stages
- Improve the capacity of the A27 whilst supporting local planning authorities to manage the impact of planned economic growth
- Reduce congestion, reduce travel time and improve journey time reliability along the A27
- Improve accessibility for all users to local services and facilities
- Deliver a scheme that minimises environmental impact and seeks to protect and enhance the quality of the surrounding environment through its high-quality design
- Respect the South Downs National Park and its special qualities in all decision-making
Copper has been supporting the Highways England project team with strategic stakeholder engagement and communications in the lead up to the consultation launch.
The consultation is open for eight weeks, between 30 August 2019 and 24 October 2019. More information and materials regarding the scheme can be found here.